Thursday, May 21, 2015

Tutorial Thursday: An Elegant Money Holder Card Using La-La Land Crafts Dies


This week we have a Communion and a Confirmation to attend and I needed to make some simple flat cards and I wanted to find a fun way to store their monetary gift! I decided to figure out a way to make a money holder card using my La-La Land Crafts dies as the focus!


What you will need: 

Card base
Paper
Foam Tape
Wet Adhesive (I used Fabri-tac)
Image
La-La Land dies!


My card bases are 5.25" x 5.25", so I have cut out my first layer at 5" x 5". For both my cards I used nice elegant patterns and colors as I wanted to keep these clean and simple.


With plain white card I cut out the oval from the Stitched Elements Die for both cards.


To make a pocket to hold some cash couldn't be easier, simple use your foam tape to make a slot to hold money that can be inserted from the top. Just cover the foam tape on two sides and the bottom. This card is perfect for folded bills.


Using the sample of the cream colored Confirmation card, I cut out the Cross Set 1.


Since it is such a narrow die cut, I decided to use Fabri-tac to cover the die cut cross and adhere it to the oval. Center the oval die cut onto the square base and attach it with the foam tape.


For the second layer of the cross die cut I added more foam tape to give it extra dimension.


To add some simple but elegant detail to the card, I cut some of the Diamonds Lattice Border Die and the Stitched Ribbon Die in white card and added it to the background.


Here you can see where the money will be stashed! Simply and cleanly behind the oval die cut, I will let the parents know where to look if the gift is too well hidden!!!


To add a final detail to each card, I fussy cut an image and layered it on top of the crosses, a Communion image like above and a Confirmation cross. Two simple, elegant and practical cards using gorgeous La-La Land Crafts dies to celebrate some special occasions and give a little gift! I hope you like them!



No comments:

Post a Comment