Sunday, February 13, 2011

Ballerina Jewelry Box Tutorial by Nicole Zarra

Good Sunday morning to you!!  Drawer Boxes are very popular projects right now and you've seen a few on our blog here before as well.  We've gotten a lot of requests for a Tutorial on how to make it and it has been on our To-Do List for a long time now!!  When Irina saw one of the entries in our Customer Gallery, she just had to invite the designer to share her tutorial with all of you!!  Without further ado..

Meet our Guest Designer-for-the-day... Nicole Zarra!

Hi! I'm Nicole, I'm a 25 year old, stay at home mother of 2 and engaged to a wonderful man who supports me on all my paper crafting addictions lol. I got my first scrapbooking set when I was 14 and I was hooked ever since. I love teaching and inspiring others to make beautiful creations. Im my spare time, when im not being a full time mommy and house wife, I teach paper crafting projects at my local scrapbooking store and spend as much time in my crafting room as possible. I hope I can inspire you to make wonderful creations of your own.

Ballerina Marci Drawer Box Tutorial
by Nicole Zarra


You need 2 pieces of chip board 6x6 inches.

You need 4 pieces of cardstock 6x6 inches

You are going to paste the cardstock on both sides of the chip boards above.

Now we're going to make the drawers.
Cut cardstock at 4 15/16 (length) x 4 1/8 (width) inches, cut 4 of these.
Score at  4 (length) and  3 3/16 (width).

Cut as shown above.

Glue as shown above.

Fold the 4 corners, and your first drawer is almost done.

Add a mat to the front of your drawer, 2 (length) and 3/4 (width) inches.
I've mounted Tim Holtz Hitch Fasteners on each drawer.

Now on to the outside of the drawer.
This panel is 7 5/8 x 3 1/8 inches
Scor at 1 inch, 3 5/16 inch,  4 5/16 inch and 6 5/8 inch
You will need 4 of these.

Fold and glue as shown above.

This is what it should look like.

We will now glue the drawers on the bottom of the box.
 





Add glue to the top of the drawers.

Then add the top of your box.

Add an easel card to the top of your box, and you are done:)

FANTABULOUS Nicole... thank you for sharing your awesome tutorial with us today!  I hope this inspired all of you and if you make one, please come share it with us in our customer gallery!  We'd love to see yours =)

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous and just love the design & colours!! Thank you for the great tutorial!! Chanelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, love everything about it. Thanks for the tutorial.
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable Project!. Love every detail, thanks for sharing the tutorial. GREAT CREATION!!
    -Sony

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful. Thank you for sharing the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful tutorial!! There were so many wonderful comments at CHA. Thank you for sharing!! This will definitely make a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful i'm going to try it and i will post results on my YouTube channel. Tfs. Xoxo Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful i'm going to try it and i will post results on my YouTube channel. Tfs. Xoxo Lilly

    ReplyDelete